GATE 2017 Application Form Online apply Here www.gate.iitr.ernet.inGATE 2017 Application Form - Candidates can fill the Online GATE 2017 Application Form below on this page now. Candidates may note that they can fill the Application Form for GATE 2017 only after paying the GATE 2017 Application Fee (from September 1, 2016). Candidates may note that the GATE 2017 Application Form is completely online and must be accompanied by the supporting documents which have to be uploaded at the time of filling in the GATE 2017 Application Form.
GATE admission 2017: The exam schedule of the prestigious Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 (GATE 2017) has been released.
Aspiring candidates can check the same from the official website of GATE, www.gate.iitr.ernet.in.
The exam, being conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee, aims to shortlist eligible candidates for MTech, ME and direct PhD in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Science programmes at educational institutions across the country.
Students who want to take admission for Post – Graduate courses in Engineering from the IITs can apply for GATE 2017. The IIT Roorkee is going to conduct Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 on 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2017 at various centers. This year, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee will be organized GATE entrance exam and the final GATE 2017 Exam date & schedule shall be displayed on its official website. Applicable and desirable candidates can able to fill online GATE Application Form 2017 from 1st September 2016 and candidates will be online registration till 4th Oct ober 2016
GATE 2017 Application Fees are as follows:
Male Candidates (General/OBC)
Women Candidates of any category
Other Candidates (General/OBC)
SC / ST / PwD Category Candidates
- Through SBI I-collect
- Through Axis Bank I-Connect,
- Through bank Debit Card/Credit Card,
- Through Net Banking
- Through e-challan facilities of SBI/Axis Bank
Features of the GATE 2017 Application Procedure:
- The candidate can apply to only one of the 23 streams.
- The candidate can choose any paper according to the admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of interested institutions. The paper should be similar to the student's qualifying degree.
- GATE examination question paper will consist of both Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- Examination will be of 3-hour duration with 65 questions and a maximum of 100 marks.
- Candidates will be provided with blank paper sheets for rough work and these have to be returned back after the examination.
- Syllabus for GATE 2017 - Click Here
- Pattern of Question Papers - Engineering Mathematics section will carry 15% of the total marks, General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total marks is devoted to the core subjects of the stream.
- Distribution of Marks and Questions -
Marks No. of questions Total Marks 2 35 70 1 30 30 Total 65 Questions 100 Marks
- Marking Scheme - For MCQs, there will be a deduction of 1/3 and 2/3 for 1-mark and 2-mark question respectively for every wrong answer. There is NO negative marking for NATs.
- Status of the GATE 2017 Application Form can be checked
- The photograph must be in color with a white or a very light background and taken in a professional studio
- The photograph must have been taken after July 1, 2016
- Photographs with dark or tinted glasses are not allowed, only clear glasses are permitted
- The photograph must be an image in a JPEG format and also on a standard 4.5 cm × 3.5 cm print.
- TheMaximum pixel resolution must be 640 × 480 (0.3 Mega pixel) and a Minimum pixel resolution of 320 × 240.
- Candidates must draw a rectangular box of size 2.5 cm × 6 cm on an A4 white paper.
- They must sign with black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
- They must get the signature digitally image scanned by a professional using a scanner, and get the image cropped to the box by the professional.
- Signature in only JPEG image format will be accepted.
- The maximum pixel resolution for the image should be 800 × 300 while the minimum pixel resolution for the image can be 400 × 150.
- Mobile Pictures of the signature will not be accepted
- For Candidates who have passed in the year 2016 or earlier: Degree Certificate /Provisional Certificate/Course Completion Certificate
- Candidates expected to complete their graduation in 2017 or later: Certificate from Principal
- Check the detailed Eligibility Criteria and documents required to be submitted
- Category Certificate if applicable
- Pwd Certificate if applicable
GATE 2017 Application Procedure is as follows:
- Candidates must first register by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password.
- Candidates are advised to enter a valid email id as all communications from the GATE Offices will be sent to this address
- Similarly candidates must give a valid mobile number to receive the communication via SMS.
- After successful registration, candidates will receive an email containing theGOAPS Enrolment ID.
- Candidates can log in using this GOAPS Enrolment ID and the GOAPs password chosen during registration
- Candidates have to fill in the GATE Exam details like GATE paper, choice of GATE 2017 examination cities
- Note: A candidate can apply for only ONE of the 22 papers
then have to fill in the personal information like date of birth,
personal mobile number, gender, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number,
Natonality, Category, PwD (Y/N)
PwD candidates will be given the choice of a scribe to write the exam
- Address for Communication (including PIN code),
- Candidates also have to enter thedetails of the photo ID proof and No that they will be carrying to the GATE 2017 exam hall along with the GATE 2017 Admit Card.
- Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college),
- Candidates have to upload the photograph, signature and supporting documents as specified
- They also will have to select an option about where they have heard or come to know about GATE exam
- Candidates may save the partially filled GATE 2017 Application Form and resume after logging in.
- Candidates will be shown a preview of their Filled in Application Form before making the payment.
- They are advised to carefully check for any errors before making the payment
- Candidates have to select the payment option andwill be redirected to the payment screen as per the option
- After successful payment, a “Fee Payment Number” will be generated which is unique and must be saved by the candidate.
- After payment candidates are advised to check the payment status
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the Application form after submission for their reference
- The current status of the GATE 2017 application will be updated after the receipt and scrutiny of the submitted application by the respective zonal GATE Office.
- This status can be checked anytime by logging into GOAPS.
- Under Scrutiny,
- Defect Status,
- Status after Rectification,
- Rejected with Valid Reasons,
- Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
- If payment has not been made, candidates must re-enroll.
- If the payment has been made, then the candidate must contact the Zonal GATE Office.
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrolment, Application Filling, Application Submission||September 1, 2016 (Thursday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||November 16, 2016 (Wednesday)|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||January 5, 2017 (Thursday)|
|GATE 2017 Online Examination
||February 4th to 12th, 2017|
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||March 27, 2017 (Monday)|