How to Prepare For GATE 2017 | Preparation Tips and Guidelines for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 examGATE 2017 Preparation Tips and Guidelines: While GATE 2017 exam will be held starting from 4th Feb, 2017, it is imperative that students intent on cracking the GATE 2017 exam and qualifying in it should take their preparation seriously.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2017 is an all India examination that tests the understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology. GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven IITs (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE and Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
we are bringing in expert guidance about the preparation strategies, guidelines, importance of mock tests and more.
some Top Most important tips to prepare for GATE 2017:
- Candidates have to know the pattern and syllabus of the examination and they have to prepare according to it.
- Preparation time for GATE is subjective and depends on many factors such as individual's aptitude, fundamentals, attitude, concentration level etc., Typically, a rigorous preparation of 4-6 months is considered good enough for getting into IISc or IITs.
- Candidates need to collect or buy the best reference books for preparation. These reference books shall cover the complete syllabus, sample question papers and solved papers, as well.
- Make a list of subjects and prioritise them based on the marks allotted to them. Now, create a timetable with distribution of subjects. Note that, if the distribution is not prepared, then you usually end up learning random topics, which may lead to confusion at the end.
- Start reading all the chapters and prepare short notes on all important points. In this way, your revision is also complete. These short notes will also be useful for your last-minute revision.
- Solve objective type (especially numerical) questions as much as possible.
- While solving problems, students must have a balance between speed & accuracy.
- It may not be possible to cover the entire syllabus. Whatever topics you decide to study, make sure that you know everything about it.
- Join a reliable coaching institute which has experienced faculty which will prepare you for your exam.
- Do not practice questions in rough paper, as there may be questions you need to go through at the time of revision.
- Go through previous year papers (say last ten years), to check your knowledge and note the distribution of different topics.
- Finish a detailed reading of all topics you plan to cover at least one and half months before. Keep one month for revisions and clearing leftover doubts. Have a look of questions you solved during preparation for GATE and remember how you solved them.
- Do not strain yourself till the last minute. Leave all your books aside for a few days before the exam. Have a good time and relax.
Tips for GATE aspirants
Appear in a mock test series: Take up a mock test series as it will help you adapt to the online pattern and assess your preparation. Based on the test analysis you can focus on areas that you are weak in. This will also give you exhaustive practice on different types of questions.
Focus on high-return topics: Engineering, mathematics and general ability constitute 30 per cent of the total marks and are relatively easier to score in. You could look at some online lectures to prepare in these key topics.
Gate 2017 Important Dates schedule
Relax before the exam: One day before GATE, stop thinking about it. Go watch a movie or do something fun to relax.
Gate2017Results hope that the GATE 2017 aspirants can use them to aid their successful preparation.
Keep checking our website for more Expert Talk on GATE 2017 subject wise, inputs from Toppers who have cracked earlier GATE exams successfully and more.
check some more stuff on www.gate.iitk.ac.in